Thursday 15 April 2010

Phrases and phases

We have hit that stage...


'...but why?'

repeat until parent says those words they always swore they wouldn't -' because I said so'.


The other oft repeated phrase of the moment is, 'I do it all by myself, all on my own'. It takes us a while to get anywhere...


Having rediscovered Carrie's blog recently I'm taking great pleasure in reading it. The post on parenting exhaustion is well timed and I love the link to her post on defiance, whilst I'm not sure how I feel about all the Steiner philosophies I totally agree with the idea that small children are not reasonable creatures and so issuing commands just doesn't work. If I needed any proof of this I just need to spend time with the boy whilst trying to do something that uses both my hands... There are tines I wish I was two people.




1 comment: