Tuesday 9 June 2009

Yellow, White & Black

It's funny isn't it how you always second guess yourself as a parent. I really like the idea of one colour at a time so that the child can really get a sense of what yellow or blue or red is before introducing the secondary colours or other tones of the primary colours. There's something in me though that feels that it's just a bit boring. I guess I'm so conditioned by the riot of colours in all things designed for children that on some levels I think it's what they want and what's best for them. But then I watch him painting and he spends so much time just playing with the pots and swapping brushes that he gets bored before he's really started putting paint to paper. He would be just as happy with one colour, it's me who is trying to push him to do something else.  









No comments:

Post a Comment