Thursday 12 February 2009

Green Rice

I've read a few books and blogs about Montessori teaching and the under 5s. One of the activities is to measure and pour rice. This sounds like fun and whilst I expected it to be thrown everywhere I thought I'd give it a go. So that we know which is food rice and which is play rice (ie gets swept up off the floor) I put some food colouring in it - the only one to hand was some green left over from dying playsilks. So here we have it, green rice (it looks nicer in real life). 




Isaac wasn't that bothered about the pouring bit but he loved spooning it into the jug and then pouring it back into the bowl (complete with spoon).

He had fun for 15 minutes or so and then started flinging the rice everywhere at which point the activity ended!


No comments:

Post a Comment